Dandelion Honey for Children's Health

Nature is magical for our health

Mothers want what's bests for their children and their health. Nowadays, when everything is so unorganic, we are looking only for healthy food and a healthy lifestyle. When it comes about our children, we do our best to offer them healthy aliments especially in the first three years of life, when they gather the needed nutrients for a good start. That is why we should not forget that nature is magical and we should get from it as much as we could. There are so many plants that nature offers, and we should be thankful that we still have this choice for us and for our kids. I didn't appreciate nature until I've had my own child. Now, I'm trying to be more selective regarding the food from supermarkets, and I also try to prepare some goodies in my own home (like all sorts of sweetness, sauce or syrup made of various herbs benefic for different diseases, etc). 


How I found dandelion 

My daughter Tania
A couple of days ago, walking in my garden at the countryside (in a mountain region), I met a countrymen who saw me picking some yellow flowers for my little daughter. He told me that the yellow flowers called dandelions are extremely useful in certain diseases, especially in pulmonary ones. And he adviced me to make a dandelion honey. Happy that I found an interesting information, I searched on the internet to know more about this herb and its benefits, and how could I use it in my home.

Isn't it amazing? All the fields are covered with this amazing herb like dandelion, and only few of us know how magical it is for our health, under various forms (tea, honey, tinctures, etc). That is why today, when everything is so unorganic in supermarkets (or the organic foods are extremely expensive), we should take advantage of all what nature is giving to us.


Dandelion and its benefits

When my baby girl is ill, I try to give her as many natural syrups as possible, and avoid medicines as much as I could (and it worked for her, and I have to say this is my own opinion about my child's health; I don't blame mothers who use antibiotics, because each child is different and some are less immune than others, and a simply syrop won't get him well). 
I truly believe in nature's power, and, especially in this herb...

I should say that dandelion is good to be picked up from the mountain regions, or from wild places, where you know they have not been treated with pesticides or other chemicals.

Dandelion is a very rich source of beta-carotene which we convert into vitamin A. Besides, we should know that it is rich in vitamin C, which is extremely important for our children's health, as well as fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus. It also contains a great complex of vitamin B. What we didn't know is that dandelion contains more protein than spinach, interesting, isn't it?

Here are some benefits of dandelion for your children's health:
  • Immune System - Dandelion fights off microbes and fungi;
  • Kidney – It is like a diuretic that helps the kidneys clear out waste, salt, and excess water.
  • Liver – Dandelion removes toxins, reestablishing the hydration and electrolyte balance. 
  • Antioxidants – Dandelion is rich in antioxidants that prevent free-radical damage to cells and DNA, slowing down the aging process in our cells. 
  • High Blood Pressure – The fiber and potassium in dandelion regulate blood pressure. 
  • Digestive Aid – Dandelion is a laxative for digestion, stimulating the appetite for your children, and balancing the natural and beneficial bacteria in the intestines.
  • Diabetes – It regulates blood sugar and insulin levels. 
  • Cholesterol – It lowers and control cholesterol levels. 
  • Cancer – Dandelion acts against cancer to slow its growth and prevent its spread. 

I'll give you bellow some details on the dandelion honey prepared in my home, and already used  by my daughter (who really liked its taste) and which was a successful remedy for her throat.


Dandelion Honey Homemade

  • Collect the dandelion flowers from safe places, not treated with chemicals (I recommend you the mountain regions). It is important to know that the flowers should be collected in the morning, until 12 o'clock, when they are fresh. I used more than 1 kilo for the resulted quantity of dandelion honey (about 10 small bottles);
  • Gently wash the flowers, then put them in a large pot and boil them for about 30 minutes with 2,5 l of water;
  • When the boiling is ready, keep them in the pot with the resulted tea until the next morning.
  • The next morning, press the flowers with your clean hands, filter the tea, than boil the resulted dandelion tea (2 l) with 3 kilos of brown sugar (I used white sugar), for about 45 minutes or more;
  • When the composition becomes thicker (you should try it cooling a small quantity in a spoon, and see if it looks like honey);
  • When almost ready, add 1/2 lemon, sliced, and let it boil for 10 more minutes. Lemon is good for a long lasting dandelion honey. 
  • Put the dandelion honey in small glass bottles (or jars) and keep them in dark and cold places. I hope your children enjoy the dandelion honey!
TruOrganic.com Free Gift with purchase of $40+